Community Of Independents: Season 2, Episode 4
The new episode of Ireland’s independent music show, with Dott and Nibiru among others.
Yes, we’ve been guilty. We’ve been enjoying Community of Independents for a while now here at Drop-d but in our rabid Cork-centricity, have let it slip out of our focus. Well no more of that, says you. And you’re right, you really are.
Because it is one of the best outlets, full stop, for the continued visibility of Irish alternative and independent music. Because it’s a record of the culture surrounding us, one we choose as supporters of independent music. It is, simply put, essential viewing and has quickly become a staple of independent music in Ireland.
This week, live music from Dott and Nibiru, Not Squares’ new vid, a trip to All City Records and more. Watch it and love it.
This is the fourth episode of the second season of a music show produced in the DCTV Shopfront Studio in Temple Bar. Join Danny Carroll and his amazing costume changes for;
- an interview with, and a live performance by, Galway trio Dott,
- a rundown of this weekend’s gigs in Dublin and Ballina,
- a music video from Not Squares,
- a visit to the All City record shop in Temple Bar,
- a chat with, and a look at some of the beautiful work of, Myles O’Reilly,
- as well as a live performance and interview from Nibiru from the launch gig of our documentary, A Joyful Slog.
You can watch that here by the way: youtube.com/watch?v=lgvGuRfsoJ8
All work on the show is carried out by volunteers using DCTV’s facilities. People give anything from 2 to 16 hours a week to produce the programme.
Get involved at dctv.ie/coi